Pages

Sunday 4 August 2013

yet again more herbs

Well, it started this week with transplanting my coriander seedling. The results it is still a little early to criticise they don't look like there going to make it but, let us wait and see.

Out and about looking for Lemon verbena plants, we found a couple of plants but their sort of end of season conditions, but that doesn't matter as were not expecting to get any use out of these plants this year, give it chance to get established ready for next year with all new growth.

Seen here with the two remaining honeysuckles we bought last week,  we have decided to pot grow these as well still awaiting a pot that why we were out searching the garden centres looking for the right sized pot to house both of them in one container.


Lemon verbena on the left the others honeysuckles. While we looked for the right size pots, we found some lovely young  Basil seedlings.

My two previous attempts to grow Basil from seeds failed miserably. I  bought two small trays, this started me potting and planting, Not just the Basil seedling but,  I also cut a load of rosemary cutting for next years plants and potted and planted both on at the same time.

 These are to be grown on as Indoor pot plants.




These  I will grow on Outdoors to be transplanted later to the garden once established in early spring next year.



My present rosemary plant is getting a little big in its current position. While we are sitting in the garden, it blocks a good view of the lovely roses behind it, so before I rip out the old plant, I have taken a load of new cuttings which I want to get established before I do so.

pink roses on the left, red roses directly  behind



No comments:

Post a Comment